Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Weekend to Remember

A Weekend to Remember

This past weekend was truly a weekend to remember, not because my Husband gave me a gift, bought me something new, or that I went on a luxurious vacation.

It's worth memorable for the rawness of what I experienced after almost 20 years of marriage. We communicated 10 things we Like about each other & what stuck with me the most, was not so much 'what' my husband listed but the time and effort he put into the activity. And did I mention ....it was his idea!!!

I know....I know....there must be something in the water but I tell you what ....I want some of it!

It was very refreshing to know what makes me so Lovable, Huggable(I know it's not a word lol) and Appealing to my man. I wasn't surprised by what he listed but I was surprised by the thought & vulnerability he expressed with each one...

See.....to know Wayne, you have to know he's not the kind of man(what man is...lol) that expresses his emotions.  He wanted this weekend to be 'our time' to be together & hang without distractions. So we limited the TV watching and computer access and just TALKED!!

Seriously...we Talked and it was Refreshing!

Sure we did other things to past time, draw closer & rest.

It's truly amazing to know where we, as a couple, have been to appreciate where we are now.
And for that reason....I'll cherish this weekend, as a time to remember.

~The Sassy Wife~


No comments:

Post a Comment